appaloosa43
Newly Registered

Tomato Plants Turning Yellow from Bottom Up

Hello!
I am in SE Oklahoma. My tomato plants are all starting to turn yellow from the bottom up. :( HELP! What is wrong? How do I fix this?
Bill

pepper4
Green Thumb

Welcome! Go to the tomato section in this site and you may find help with your mators.

rainbowgardener
Super Green Thumb

Agree with Bambi - welcome very much to our forum, hope you find it friendly and helpful. Please repost your question in the Tomato section, lots more people will see it there. It's usually very helpful if you post a picture of what is going on. Here's a link to info on how to do that:

https://www.helpfulgardener.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3724

Be as specific as you can about what the problem is. For example it is normal for the oldest leaves at the bottom of the tomato plant to turn yellow and die off. As long as the plant is still making lots of new green leaves, that is not a problem. Did you mean more than that?

SP8
Green Thumb

appaloosa43 wrote:Hello!
I am in SE Oklahoma. My tomato plants are all starting to turn yellow from the bottom up. :( HELP! What is wrong? How do I fix this?
Bill
Sounds like a magnesium deficiency. Buy some “Epsom Saltsâ€

cottonpicker

NOPE... DON'T WORRY!!!!!!!!!! It's NORMAL. As a tomato plant grows, nutrients from the LOWER LEAVES migrate to the formation of newer leaves & the lower leaves start to turn yellow, get spots and die. It's absolutely normal & will NOT affect the health of your plant. For COSMETIC purposes, just remove the yellowing leaves & the plant WILL BE FINE!!!!!!!!!!!

LarryD

Return to “TOMATO FORUM”