LadyBlacksword
Newly Registered

Patio Variety Question

I'm curious how large the plants and fruit of the variety "Patio" normally get.
I ask because my one plant is only a little over 1ft tall and has set 5 tomatoes already.
Curious,
LJ

scgardenman
Newly Registered

The patio variety varies from my personal experience. I have had some like yours that have only been a little over a foot and have tomatoes, then I've had some that have gotten 3ft and loaded with tomatoes.

LadyBlacksword
Newly Registered

scgardenman wrote:The patio variety varies from my personal experience. I have had some like yours that have only been a little over a foot and have tomatoes, then I've had some that have gotten 3ft and loaded with tomatoes.
I'm thinking that it might be worth it to save the seeds and see if they do the same thing next year. I remember my dad growing Patio's a number of years back, and them being bigger.
LJ

Haesuse

mine spent a good solid month in this clumped up, massive ball of a bush plant, only 15" tall. in the last month few weeks though, it has broken out of its slump as is more like 30" now. it has had fruit on it for a long time, though.

LadyBlacksword
Newly Registered

Haesuse wrote:mine spent a good solid month in this clumped up, massive ball of a bush plant, only 15" tall. in the last month few weeks though, it has broken out of its slump as is more like 30" now. it has had fruit on it for a long time, though.
That's interesting. I remember my dad's plants doing that.
What's odd about mine is that it's proportions are more like the adult shape, not the super chunky look of the "bush stage" you describe.
It's just short...
LJ

polydactyly

I have one also, but it is just short. I feel like it will bush out, but it already has one itty bitty tomato on it :clap:

Earl K
Green Thumb

I also have a patio,Maybe 2 feet tall,real bushy,I've gotten about 15 toms. off it already.They only get as big as a golf ball,maybe a little bigger.Perfect for eating whole with some salt or sliced with cottage cheese.mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

LadyBlacksword
Newly Registered

Earl K wrote:I also have a patio,Maybe 2 feet tall,real bushy,I've gotten about 15 toms. off it already.They only get as big as a golf ball,maybe a little bigger.Perfect for eating whole with some salt or sliced with cottage cheese.mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
That's odd. Maybe this plant IS abnormal. It's got four on it that are almost twice the size of a golfball now, and one is only just beginning to ripen...

Return to “TOMATO FORUM”