deenalea
Newly Registered

Tomatillo plants

Help!!!! The leaves on my tomatilo plants are all curling up! There are no other signs of pests.........I have tried insecticidal soap to no avail....any suggestions?

cynthia_h
Super Green Thumb

Have you looked under the leaves (on the undersides)?

Is the tomatillo receiving enough water? Too much water?

What kind of soil is it in?

Is it growing in the ground or in a container (if so, how big is the plant and how big the container)?

Cynthia H.
Sunset Zone 17, USDA Zone 9

deenalea
Newly Registered

It has taken me a long time to get back to you..... the plants are in the ground and I water them every day. I have checked the underside of the leaves and have not seen anything!!!!

What else could it be?

deenalea
Newly Registered

It has taken me a long time to get back to you..... the plants are in the ground and I water them every day. I have checked the underside of the leaves and have not seen anything!!!!

What else could it be?

cynthia_h
Super Green Thumb

I'm sorry; I should have been more clear.

Is the soil sandy? clay? nice loam? is there much organic matter--compost or composted plants/manures? have you by any chance had the county agricultural extension service perform a soil test so that you know whether the soil is acidic or basic (this is called the pH)?

If you have well-draining soil, keep on with the water. Don't drown the plant.

If you have poorly draining soil, don't water until the top inch of the soil is dry. Test it with your fingers for dryness.

Cynthia

Return to “TOMATO FORUM”