kylie77

Can you look at my sweet 100 please?

I'm not sure if my sweet 100 is ok or not. It seems to be a little droopy. I've never grown this type of tomato before so thought I'd check with the experts! It has only been in that container for a couple weeks now, and it has definately grown, just seems to be a bit slower than my other tomato plants. We've had a lot of up and down weather with rain and wind too, so I'm sure that hasen't helped.

[img]https://i713.photobucket.com/albums/ww134/vegpics/IMG_2961.jpg[/img]

[img]https://i713.photobucket.com/albums/ww134/vegpics/IMG_2960.jpg[/img]

vintagejuls
Green Thumb

Looks good basically. The soil does appear a little on the dry side but what is it like an inch or so down?

I'm new at tomatoe growing myself but have been around it over the years. Maybe an experienced mater grower can chime in. :wink:

kylie77

Great thanks! The soil is pretty wet under that top layer. We've had nothing but rain until 2 days ago. I think my camera made the soil look drier?

Good to know you don't see any glaring problems! Thanks again!

vintagejuls
Green Thumb

You may want to consider putting cages around the plants now so they grow up and into the cages which will support them. Mine are the same size as yours and I have them in cages so I don't have to do it later and risk breaking branches.

kylie77

Thank you vintagejuls. I only had 3 cages so put them around 3 of my tomato plants. I need to figure out what I'm going to do with the others. Either go out and buy a bunch more cages, or figure out a home made cage, or use stakes. I really don't know what to do for them. Do you think cages are the best option? I've made up some cute tp things for my peas to climb and thought I could figure something out for the tomatoes too? What do you think?

splat42069

I would guess its overwatering. Make sure you have drainage in the bottom of that container so the soil can dry out. Plants usually droop like that either from overwatering or underwatering. Maybe could be the heat too? I don't kno how hot it is there but after 90 degrees my plants like to droop abit too.

Heres my sweet 100 plant

[img]https://i661.photobucket.com/albums/uu336/splat42069/100_2140.jpg[/img]

kylie77

Thanks for the reply. Seems like my plant was quite a lot droopier than yours. Your plant looks lovely. But.... my plant was murdered :( :( :(, so I guess it doesn't really matter now anyway. Someone managed to snap the stem in half. I replanted the top, but it didn't make it. All of my other tomato plants are growing like mad though so I'll get over it! I was less than pleased when I found my poor plant though.

Return to “TOMATO FORUM”