grandpasrose
Greener Thumb

Yeah, the mosquitoes can be bad if you live in the wrong spot. They certainly prefer specific types of breeding grounds, so are more prevalent there - like where you go fishing! Also, they really only have one burst in the summer, and then they are over. I guess we've just gotten used to them! :lol:
VAL

Grey
Greener Thumb

grandpasrose wrote:Very cute Grey!! :lol:
When I hear you guys talk about all the bugs and caterpillars and worms and such, I guess there is one more benefit to living up north! I hardly ever have problems with bugs or need to figure out how to get rid of pesky critters, cause we just don't have them - they don't survive through the winter! So we do have some pluses!!! :wink:
VAL
No bugs????

I cannot imagine that. I grew up in FL. I've lived around multitudes of bugs and crawly things my whole life. Mosquitoes too. I must say I don't miss all the mosquitoes- we do have them here but I think I've had all of FIVE bite me all summer. Save the weekend we visited my family, and I felt I was going to get eaten alive! You RUN in the door, close the inner door, and have to make sure all the mosquitoes that followed you in are dead before you enter the house proper. Craziness. :roll:

The Helpful Gardener
Mod

Usually that cracking on 'maters is variance in watering amounts; they like very measured amounts of water and more or less can lead to cracking...

Return to “TOMATO FORUM”