Grey
Greener Thumb

I'm told that we will be seeing more hurricanes for the next 9 years. Some kind of weather phenomenon. I do hope the effects of global warming are not so bad as all that - but - In all my years of living in FL, these past few have gradually been hotter and hotter. And the winters have had an extra cold snap or two than they used to (not complaining).

Here in GA, everyone tells me that Spring is not normally so nice and beautifully cool for so long, and nor is the summer here normally so hot, or so wet. I'm told our grass (in my case, weeds) should have been dead two months ago from the heat and dryness.

grandpasrose
Greener Thumb

Waaaaay up here, the weather has changed so much that the new Hardiness Zone map has moved our area up a Zone!

When I was growing up here (Such a looonnnng time ago! :lol: ) 3 to 4 weeks of 40 degrees below zero was the norm in winter. Now we have been praying for 3 weeks of 40 below to kill the pine beetle infestation that has ravaged BC. We're lucky if we get 2 days now.

It used to be the norm as well that everyone here planted their vegetable garden and put their potted flowers out on the long weekend in May. Now it's at Easter! :o

Everyone's well and water systems are going dry or limping along (mine included) because we no longer get near the snow we used to. Two to three feet now compared to six or eight. The water table just keeps going lower and lower.

Things they are a changin', and I think Scott is more right than I want him to be! :wink:

But I'd still rather be here right now than down south......
VAL

Return to “TOMATO FORUM”