TomatoNut95
Super Green Thumb

Free veggie and flower seeds!

Hello friends! I have some packets of seeds that I got and most of which I didn't use this year. :oops: I'm sure they'd still be good next year. I will list what I have and if you see something you want, just let me know! And if you would me like to test any of the seeds for germination, I'll do so. If you have any questions about any, feel free to ask. :wink:

Veggies:
'The Dutchman' tomato
'Jujube Cherry' tomato
'Black Vernissage' tomato
Screwed up Cosmic Eclipse tomato
'Friariello Di Napoli' Italian sweet pepper
'Lipstick' Sweet Pepper
'Black Spanish' radish

Flowers:
'Florist Mixed Colors' verbena
'Mammoth' sunflower
'Incredible' sunflower
'Flying Saucers' morning glory
'Early Snowball' Baby's Breath
'Magic Carpet Mix' portulaca(moss rose)

Herbs:
'Large Leaf' basil (used packet)
Common Cat Grass

TomatoNut95
Super Green Thumb

I was just thinking, if someone has some seeds to trade that's fine.
This is what I need or want for next year:
Fish Pepper
Mexico Midget tomato
Bush Sugar Baby watermelon
California Wonder bell peppers
Sweet Banana pepper
Hot Jalapeno
Cayenne pepper
Anaheim pepper
Straight Eight cucumber
Any interestingly colored heirloom tomato varieties that I don't have. :)

TomatoNut95
Super Green Thumb

The 'Large Leaf' basil s no longer available. But more to offer is cilantro and 'Purple Russian' tomato.

Gary350
Super Green Thumb

How BIG are Mammoth' sunflower? My oldest son wants me to grow Giant sunflowers. He said this is what he wants.
Attachments
Mammoth Sun Flower.jpg
Last edited by Gary350 on Tue Jan 07, 2020 6:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TomatoNut95
Super Green Thumb

It's been several years since I've grown a tall sunflower. I keep buying tall sunflower seeds thinking I'm GOING to grow one....but do I ever plant one? No. My garden always winds up full of pepper and tomato plants.

'Mammoth' sunflower is an heirloom variety and packet says height to 12 feet. Says seeds are edible and heads are huge.

Gary350
Super Green Thumb

12 ft tall sunflowers should have yellow flowers the size of car tires. Actual flowers in picture are no larger than flowers on 6 ft tall plants. I don't want them in my garden either. I think my son wants to plant sunflowers around all 3 sides of his patio. 40 years ago I planted climbing flowers around my patio trellis fence wire was 10 ft tall wow it was nice to set in there it was a forest of beautiful flowers. Door was covered with flowers too. I wish I had pictures of that. I wish I could remember what climbing flowers I planted? I remember seeing it on Crockets Victory garden I bought flowers and built it.

TomatoNut95
Super Green Thumb

If your son would like the Mammoth seeds, just let me know and I'll get them out to you. I also have a dwarf sunflower called Incredible which is suppose to reach a height of 20" with 7-9" blooms.

imafan26
Mod

I do plant mammoth as the seeds are edible, if you get it before the birds do. Mine never get as tall as 12 ft. I have a shorter day, so mine only get to be about 8 ft tall and the head will be around 10-14 inches in diameter. They are fun to watch in the garden. They will always face the sun (east).

TomatoNut95
Super Green Thumb

I love sunflowers, but tall ones just won't fit in my backyard. And everytime I buy seeds for dwarfs I end up not planting them either. My garden always ends up packed too full of tomato and pepper plants for anything else 'cause they're my favorite thing to grow.

Return to “Seed Exchange - Share & Trade Seeds”