SQWIB
Greener Thumb

What to put seeds into.

Does anyone know where I can get inexpensive envelopes for storing/sharing seeds, the kind like coin envelopes or little jewelry envelopes. I have been using little paper snack bags and they're just too bulky especially when mailing.

PaulF
Greener Thumb

For me, since I live away from where stationary stores or business supply stores are, I go to e-bay and find either coin envelopes or small plastic baggies. I actually prefer the manilla coin envelopes for seeds. Business supply stores generally have several sizes available.

applestar
Mod

If you don't need a whole lot, have you considered origami seed envelopes? There are several instructions on the net and youtube. I prefer the kind that doesn't require too much measuring and fiddling around or cutting (start with a simple rectangle for maximum use of plain paper) and doesn't require gluing -- just tuck in a flap to secure.

imafan26
Mod

I get jewelry plastic bags at CVS. but you can use plastic snack bags they would be lighter. Use an address label on the bag to mark them. Sharpies on plastic bags can rub off

KeyWee

I get mine in all sizes in the craft department at Walmart. Or you could look at the larger craft stores like Hobby Lobby or Michael's. They are very inexpensive and come in 100+ packages. In a pinch, you can use the snack-sized plastic baggies ~ they are smaller and work well for larger seeds.

Return to “Seed Exchange - Share & Trade Seeds”