Biscuit
Newly Registered

ISO flowering vine seeds

I'm not exactly sure how this works. I am looking for a vine that attracts hummingbirds!

I am looking to use a very large planter and place a tall trellis in the planter.

I have a few different vines in mind. I am interested in Coral Honeysuckles. I might also be interested in a Trumpet Creeper (but I hear they take over and are very aggressive). I am also possibly interested in a "Cross Vine "Tangerine Beauty"." I love the bright coral/orange/pink colors!

I am in Zone 6A. I would like something that is going to bloom later in the season and last into the fall.

Thanks!!!

KeyWee

I have seeds for trumpet vine (campsis) both red/orange and yellow. Also have seeds for cardinal climber (impomoea). The first will spread from seed AND root, the second just from seed. I also have cuttings of Carolina jessamine, but this will only bloom for you in very early spring. Hummingbirds love ALL of these.
If you are going to plant in a container, I wouldn't worry too much about aggression. The problem with the trumpet vine is that when planted from seed, you will not get blooms for 3-5 years. With the cardinal climber, you will get them the first year you plant.
You can send me a PM here if any of these interest you and I will share. Postage or an exchange are not necessary as gardening is all about sharing for me ~ that's how MY landscape was created:)

Countryladiesgardens
Green Thumb

I have a small amount of Harlequin Honeysuckle seeds I can mail to you. Curious what you have to trade? :) Email me at kim@purplegoo.ca if you want to send me your have list.

Thanks!

PS--Hi KeyWee! :) :)

Return to “Seed Exchange - Share & Trade Seeds”