DigForVictory

Seed Donations for Victory Garden

Hello, I am hoping to have a substantial grade this year inspired by the WWII Victory Gardens of the 1940s. If anyone has any heirloom seeds they could donate I would appreafe if, eveif there not on my list. I will basically be happy with whatever I can get but do have a preference for unique or rare varieties. I think it would be nice to help bring less popular varieties back. I appreciate any help I can get and would rather heirloom varieties so that next year I can pass it forward and seed save for others. The main goal of my garden will be to teach my children about gardening and history of WWII, not just the political and war side but how it effected society as a whole. This fall I will donate our garden surplus to food pantrys and volunteer at a kitchen to show how there are still needs in society similar to those of years ago.
I would like:
Arugula
Asparagus
Brussels sprouts
Broccoli
Beets
Berry bush grafts, root stalks etc...
Cauliflower
Celiac
Celery
Cardoon
Cabbage purple or green
Calendula
Companion plants for pest management
Leeks
Endives
Racchidio
Kale
Rainbow chard
Turnips
Radish
Rutabaga
Salsify
Garlic
Shallots
Elephant garlic
Onions
Parsnips
Carrots
Ground cherry
Peas climbing
Runner beans

Herbs for medicinals and teas
Ecchanacia
Lemon balm
Feverfew
Mint
Lavender
Cammomile
Anything else you recommend?

Flowers for companion planting
I would like to get ones for integrated pest management but I'm not sure what to ask for?

Lindsaylew82
Super Green Thumb

Hi Dig!

Where's your location?

Also, welcome to the forum!

DigForVictory

Hi thanks for the welcome! I'm out in southern California. It's spring for winter, lol.

Return to “Seed Exchange - Share & Trade Seeds”