Gary350
Super Green Thumb

3 kinds of Mild Red Chilis for Chili Powder

I have about 1000 or more of each kind of chili.

Mild New Mexico Red Chili

Mild California Red Chili

Mild Guajillo Red Chili

They all grow about 6" to 7" long. Plants will grow 50 to 75 peppers then as you harvest they grow more. You can easily harvest 300 peppers per plant. Peppers are green at first then turn red. Harvest the peppers Red or Green, slice them down the middle in 4 pieces, spread them out they will dry out fast. Scrape out the seeds and vanes before or after they dry.

Place about 20 dry peppers in the kitchen blender for 2 minutes then have about 1/2 cup of chili powder each time.

You can have ALL my seeds if you send me $4 for postage.

If you only want about 50 seeds each send me $2 for postage.

Mail me postage with your address the seeds will be in the mail the next day.

Rairdog
Green Thumb

How mild....can I use them for enchiladas, tacos, fajitas, quesadillas and chile? I have tried to buy chile powder at Mexican and Asian groceries...they are always too hot. I would like to grow my own and make all the seasonings.

Gary350
Super Green Thumb

These 3 chili's are all in the same spicy range very very low. Flavor is very good in all 3 and slightly different in each one. I use them in Mexican food and Chili. Great for enchiladas sauce. My stomach just can not take the hot spicy food anymore but I still love to eat it sometimes but I sure will suffer for it.

Gary350
Super Green Thumb

The Scoville Heat Scale says tobacco is 600 to 1200 and green bell peppers are 0.

I just made a pot of chili this time I used the California Chili powder. I think this chili powder is 0 to 5 on the scale with a very good flavor.

I use a different chili powder each time I am trying my best to decide which one is best. Last time I use New Mexico chili powder I would rate it maybe 10 or 20 on the scale extremely low spicy and good flavor.

Next time I will try a blend of 2 or maybe all 3 chili powders.

Gary350
Super Green Thumb

I have mailed small amounts of seeds in small white envelopes but they get caught in the automatic post office machines. Only good choice to mail seeds is in a $2 postage envelope.

dustyrivergardens
Green Thumb

just wondering are these seeds from those bags and if so did you see if they would germinate or did you grow them your self and then saved the seed

Return to “Seed Exchange - Share & Trade Seeds”