tomc
Super Green Thumb

Your rose hip(s) wanted

I will cheerfuly send out a SASE or swap future trees for your unwanted rose hip. Mini to floribunda I wanna try to get your seeds to germinate.

JC's Garden

I have what my wife describes as a rose tree. She got the cutting from a friend. Pink rose with blooms 3.5" to 4.5" in diameter. The blooms occur at about 4' to 5' above ground level. I have one plant and I'm letting a couple of hips mature. I want one for myself and I'll be glad to send you the other or a mixture of seed from both. I'll contact you when they mature.

pondlady

I have lots of Mini rose seeds and can harvest hips from my Damask roses

applestar
Mod

This is a bit OT, but I want to grow some roses for harvesting rose hips -- I understand some are good for making jelly and for using in herbal teas. Does anyone grow roses for their edible purpose and have recommendation on what cultivar to grow ...or even have some potentially viable hips/seeds from them to try growing?

JC's Garden

I would like to say I'm sending seed but....... :(
The hips never turned that reddish color I normally see. I let then dry out. Today I checked the seed. Doesn't look good. Let me send you some from my 2015 bloom. I'd like to see you succeed.
I'll be in touch.

Return to “Seed Exchange - Share & Trade Seeds”