imafan26
Mod

Trying to start a seed sharing at a garden

Hi. a few of us have been trying to start a seed share. We got a seed share box and people are supposed to drop in their extra seeds in envelops and label them and then pick up seeds others have dropped in exchange.

However, only a couple of us have dropped any seeds and all and some people are coming by every week looking for the free seeds. They only take seeds and don't bring any and they don't take just one. Anybody have seed sharing stations and are you getting a different experience?

valley
Greener Thumb
Location: ranches in sierra nevada mountains California & Navada high desert

Hi, Just reread your post. I'm guessing somebody has to be in charge of the seed exchange, and can pick up and deliver seeds to the garden plots. People can leave notes in the box saying what they have to share and what they are interested in. A certain day and time can be set for exchange. Just a thought.
I know you're into gardening and have enjoyed listening in when you post.

Richard

imafan26
Mod

We actually do have someone who comes to every meeting to host the seed share. At the other place I go to there is a seed share box but there are more people taking seeds out than putting them in. It is usually the same people putting seeds in and the same people who take seeds but never contribute. They just don't get that it is supposed to work both ways.

Return to “Seed Exchange - Share & Trade Seeds”