evtubbergh
Green Thumb

Wanted: comfrey seeds

Hi all

I am looking for comfrey, if anyone would like to share :)

Susan W
Greener Thumb

Yes, have comfrey! These are from last season, I don't know germination rate and I need more starts. Your post jolted me into action and just put some in coir seed start pellets. I certainly don't want to waste our postage sending something that doesn't 'do' In a few months will have plenty of fresh (I try to get seeds and/or aging blooms harvested before all over the ground). Hopefully you'll see some little green leaves waving at you across the ocean in a couple of weeks!

evtubbergh
Green Thumb

Yay! Thanks :)

I can wait since our spring will only be 6 months after yours anyway. I'll need to put them in pellets in about August.

Susan W
Greener Thumb

It looks like we'll have plenty of seeds this season! This winter the comfrey went all the way down, and a few weeks ago starting showing some green. They are growing now, and starting to send up flower stalks. Some of the early leaves were coarse and looked like a saw edge. Now it looks like something has been nibbling the edges. Go figure.

Susan W
Greener Thumb

Comfrey, of my! They burst forth and got ahead of me! Lots of pretty purple blooms, and bees are very happy. Today I finally went out and gathered seeds, cut back some stalks etc. I cut off leaves and spread out in empty flat to dry. Stalks, stems and anything remotely like a seed bagged for trash.

I did plant up seeds in peat pellets and will see how the germination is, which should show in a couple of weeks.

evtubbergh
Green Thumb

Fantastic! We can't wait (I actually will start most of them for my mom). I can't believe you have seeds already - isn't it barely spring?

Return to “Seed Exchange - Share & Trade Seeds”