tenderloingardener
Cool Member

Need seeds-basil varieties resistant to Fusarium

Hey helpful folks,

Thanks to the herb forum I finally found out why my sweet basil crop is so icky-and that I'd better not use the seeds if the poor thigs even flower and seed. The regular stores that used to sell basic seeds are shutting down or no longer carrying seeds-just fru-fru. If anyone has lemon or lime basil seeds or thai seeds pls PM me or I'll have to go Amazon. I have wild harested E. californicum seeds, some Nigella also harvested. With patience I'll have a couple of other poppy varieties as well.

:>

Shawna

tenderloingardener
Cool Member

Of course I'm not really going to Amazon. I'm going to one of the reputable seed dealers even if it costs a little more because these kinds of businesses are important.

I'm now having a hard time deciding because space considerations means I can only grow one.
The nuru (?) seems to be the most resistant, but is it good in tomato gravy? I don't know which is best for all around basil use-any advice? I'm actually really tempted to get the Globe Genovese just because it's ideal for container gardening.

The good news is that perusing seed catalogues and browsing book stores are the only types of shopping I don't positively loathe. In fact, I'll happily look at seed catalogues for hours on end!

The bad news is that aside from needing a basil replacement I'm finding all this other stuff that I "really need" but have no earthly idea where Ithink I'm going to put these plants! What herb garden is complete without Feverfew? Anise? Catmint? Chamomile? Borage? :P

Okay-any recommendations on the basil? Thanks!

Return to “Seed Exchange - Share & Trade Seeds”