!potatoes!
Greener Thumb

YACON rhizome or plants for trade or sale

I have segments of yacon rhizome (or alternately, small potted plants for closer people) available. there's lots of info out there on yacon if you look. it's a perennial (depending on where you are) south american tuber crop that makes a big plant with big fuzzy leaves. more info available, just message me. may not be a reasonable crop outside north of the mason-dixon. needs a long season.

for trades, I'm interested in productive open-pollinated hot peppers, odd physalis, perennial vegetables, lots of other stuff...

tamkhf
Newly Registered

I'm very interested in getting some yacon starts. Tasted the first today and love it. Culture sounds like Jerusalem Artichokes. I'm located in Western NC, USA. How much do you want for them, plants preferred, and where are you? So I can tell whether we are local or not?

Thanks,

!potatoes!
Greener Thumb

oh no! I'm terrible about checking back about this. all yacon for this year has been planted, sorry. maybe next year? the last plant I know of that's still available is for sale at the french broad food coop in asheville (I sold it to them)...it was still there yesterday (6/11). I'm in the asheville area, will post again when I've got it available again (either rhizome available in the fall or rhizome/plants the following spring).

sorry to disappoint.

Return to “Seed Exchange - Share & Trade Seeds”