aprilrehring

Tea Leaves

Looking for seeds to grow Tea.

I am working on my list of what I want and have. I have tons of seed so you can let me know what you are looking for.

rainbowgardener
Super Green Thumb

You mean you want to grow regular black tea?

Tea comes from the camellia plant (camellia sinensis). It can be grown from seed, but here's stuff you should know about that:

. Tropical shrub or tree. The hard seed coat should be carfully filed or nicked a little to improve watering, then soaked in warm water for 24 hours. Sow in moist and warm slight acid soil. It usually germinates in 1 - 3 months. Prick out the seedlings into individual pots when they are large enough to handle and grow them on in the greenhouse or indoors. Prefers the partial shade of a light woodland. Tea is not hardy in colder areas, it tolerates temperatures down to between -5 and -10 degrees C. It prefers a wet summer and a cool but not very frosty dry winter.

https://www.magic-garden-seeds.com/content/how-grow-tea-camellia-sinensis-seed

The camellia does have beautiful flowers!

If you are talking about herbal teas, there are many, many different plants that make lovely herbal teas, including mint, lavender, anise hyssop, bee balm, etc etc...

aprilrehring

thanks so much for the info. Don't know anything about it but my daughter thought it would be neat to grow our own.

Return to “Seed Exchange - Share & Trade Seeds”