WinglessAngel
Green Thumb

Air Layered Lilac Seeds Soon to be Available-Purple Shades

Hi everyone! I just wanted to make an offer to you guys out there. We have an extremely gorgeous air layered lilac bush, air layered from white and purple lilacs by my fiance for his Mum who passed on from cancer. She never got to see them bloom and they bloomed this year for the first time. They are not standard lilacs and are one of a kind, with yellow centers, named "Elsie's Lilac" after my fiance's Mum.

They are developing seed pods and they are still in the young, small, green stage at the moment, but as soon as they dry and become collectible I will be collecting as many up as I can to save and distribute and start more from seed. This may be a one time shot on saving seeds so I wanted to offer some to those of you out there who are lilac lovers, as we are.

If you are interested, the link below (apologies but I can't get photo bucket and the likes to work for me) is a public link to my garden album and has pictures of "Elsie's Lilac" within. The flowers that developed from the melding/air layering process of the white and purple have come out as a pinkish/purple as well as a deep, dark rich purple. Absolutely gorgeous :)

Just send me a PM, a SASE will do it just fine, I am not charging and my fiance said that it would be an honor to have more of his Mum's lilacs growing for other people who love lilacs like we do. :)

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.186527624728457.44164.100001136622200&l=1c681f46e6

WinglessAngel
Green Thumb

Also to add to my original post....I cannot guarantee that the seeds will grow, this is the first year it has gone to seed as it were....I am not sure how they will do myself, but I am willing to try it and see what comes of the seeds, especially with the colors that formed.

Return to “Seed Exchange - Share & Trade Seeds”