rlittleton
Newly Registered

Tomato girl did you get my pm?

Dixana
Greener Thumb

I use cut up strips of reflective tape made for trucks/trailers to mark my plants. I have never had a problem with the sharpie washing off, but I do write on both sides of the tape just in case. On cage/trellis plants I just wrap the tape around and stick it to itself and on everything else I use a metal wire wrapped around some part of the plant. I tried sticks and PVC pipe in the past and that WOULD have worked if not for my stupid dog....
I can garauntee you'll never bury a plant marker again tho cuz on a sunny day they sometimes blind you!!!

tomato_girl

rlittleton, you have a pm.

Joyfirst
Green Thumb

You have lithuanian tomatoe- I am lithuanian, so I have to get it. I hope it is not large variety(meaning like beefstake, because my garden is 1 mile from the beach, and large ones don't get enough heat to ripen or take forever to ripen.

tomato_girl

Lithuanian, ah? :D

Lithuanian crested pink is actually one of my favourite tomatoes. Let's say it's in the top 5.

I'll link you my source:
https://tatianastomatobase.com/wiki/Lithuanian_Crested_Pink

Check the tomatoes on my list if you find something that is good for your climate.

Joyfirst
Green Thumb

Wow! They are interesting, aren't they? Kind of large, but hey, I can wait untill they get ripe even in September. Tomatoegirl, you will make me to raise tomatoe number 5 in my small plot, and after overdoing it last year, I promised myself to reduce tomatoes. Maybe I will pull one out from the ones I already have. :shock:

Joyfirst
Green Thumb

What else besides jicama you would love from my seeds?

tomato_girl

Joyfirst wrote:Tomatoegirl, you will make me to raise tomatoe number 5 in my small plot, and after overdoing it last year, I promised myself to reduce tomatoes. Maybe I will pull one out from the ones I already have. :shock:
Hahaha. Come on, you can squeeze it a corner. :wink:
What else besides jicama you would love from my seeds?
Hmm, let me think... Can you write me (pm) your list of cucumbers? Thanks.

:P

tn_veggie_gardner

tomato: Did we ever finalize our trade? I don't think we did, but I don't remember. I think I was still waiting for you to reply to my last message. I'm sstill very interested in a trade. LMK. =)

- Steve

tomato_girl

tn_veggie_gardner wrote:tomato: Did we ever finalize our trade? I don't think we did, but I don't remember. I think I was still waiting for you to reply to my last message. I'm sstill very interested in a trade. LMK. =)

- Steve
Steve, the seeds are shipped. pm on the way....

tomato_girl

If someone will be checking my list in the future I'd just like to let you know that I'm interested in a trade at any time of the year, so feel free to write me a pm. I'm always happy to trade seeds. :P

tomato_girl

Adding:

Bird house gourd
Thai ornamental gourd
Ornamental gourds mix
Giant marrow
Edible squash: Golden nugget, Butternut, Turk's turban and 20+ more varieties

Californian poppy
Spartium junceum
Datura Metel
Alcea rasea var. nigra
Cistus - Laurifolius, Albidus, Grayswood pink, incanus
Ornamental allium
Blue delfinium
Tiger lilly
Devil's claw
Pinus sibirica

Cucumber - Red hmong, Sikkim

Eggplants - Kermit, Rotonda bianca sfumata di rosa, Black beauty, Thailand-whitish, Plate brush

rlittleton
Newly Registered

I got your package today, thank you again. I cant wait to put them out.

tomato_girl

I'm glad the seeds made it safely!

Joyfirst
Green Thumb

My arrived too. Isn't it fun that seeds are so small and yet it is all we need to get fun plants!

Paperboy
Newly Registered

Love some Cherokee Purple seeds

Hey from south Florida, Douglas here, would love some of your Cherokee Purple tomato seeds if you are trading some. U can check out my list and see if there is anything u would like. Thank you.

wymansmind
Newly Registered

Would you be interested in swapping for some Charentais melon seeds?

barnercora

tomato_girl wrote:I have to apologize for my absence (sowin, trading..you know! :lol: ).

barnercora, those are all tomato varieties I grew last year (some are missing due to low quantities) - I actually grew about 300 varieties but I couldn't save all the seeds (lots of work and I was pretty fed up with seed saving).

Ozark Lady,
regular leaf tomato varieties usually don't cross. You just have to keep some distance between them and it'll be ok. I plant them about 70cm apart (2.27 feet) and it's always ok. I plant the potato leaf varieties in other parts of the garden (they are just a few varieties each year) so I keep them a little bit apart.

If you get an interesting mix just take some photos, save the seeds and try groing them next year - you may get a new variety!

Wow, you are the "TOMATO QUEEN" from now on to me.

tomato_girl

Hey guys!

I haven't been around for a while. Just send me a pm! I will get back to you soon - I've got to sort my seeds. This season was quite bad.

Return to “Seed Exchange - Share & Trade Seeds”