bradleyheathhays
Newly Registered

How to kill this unwanted intruding plant

How do I go about killing the small weeds that are growing up through my patio pavers? Sadly there's no weed mat underneath the bricks. I've tried commercial spray herbacide twice on other weeds before and both times ended up effecting plants nearby so I won't be going that route again. I tried pouring heavily salted water in the cracks but they aren't large enough and the water just ran down the sidewalk. I guess I need something that'll do the job that I can brush on and has no chance of transmitting through the air like I've seen before.

thanks

applestar
Mod

If you are unwilling to use herbicides,etc. then I think easiest method would be to use the weed burner torch.

Depending on size of your patio, you can just get the canister type with the long wand, or get the long wand and hose that attaches to small propane tank (the kind you use with BBQ grills)

We don’t do it anymore because the gas is pretty horrible to me, but my hubby used to enthusiastically and jubilantly burn off the brick paver patio weeds. MAKE SURE TO REMOVE ANY FLAMMABLES AND BE AWARE OF and BE IN COMPLIANCE WITH BURN RESTRICTIONS IN YOUR AREA.

You can also get a long nozzle attachment with a cone on the end for precisely aiming and spraying herbicide.

If individually painting leaves with less toxic materials, heavy solution of cooking oil+detergent in water or vinegar, used on dry sunny day (direct sun on the weeds) should pretty effectively kill most plants.

bradleyheathhays
Newly Registered

Thanks for the advice.

Here's some pictures of the weeds if it helps. They're coming up in multiple spots but they all seem to be the same plant.

Return to “Landscaping”