musicrj
Newly Registered

Need Advice On Bamboo Replacement

Hey everyone. Need some good advice here. My wife and I bought our house about 8 months ago. The previous home owner had a vision of creating a backyard oasis which you can tell but they went a little crazy. I order to keep privacy between the neighbors they planted trees and bamboo all along the fence line. It definitely keeps the privacy but the bamboo got out our control. Today I was trying to cut some out it out but I think I got carried away as we have now have a section of fence allowing our neighbors to peak into our oasis. My wife was less than thrilled and I’m not sure I can do a lot. I realize the bamboo will grow back but I was hoping to find a faster solution to at least give us our privacy for the rest of the season (about 12-14 weeks). I considered replanting a couple strands I chopped down but not sure that is the best way. Any advice is appreciated.
Thank you!

imafan26
Mod

OOPs. Bamboo grows pretty fast. Give it a lot of water. It may take a year to grow back. bamboo does not grow well from colms, it will grow back from the root. You do need to control the perimeter of the bamboo since it runs.

Return to “Landscaping”