beasterling
Newly Registered

Drainage Issue

My house is two years old and when it was built, the contractor (presumably the gutter folks) buried black corrugated pipe from the downspout about 15' from the house. The corrugated pipe terminated out in the yard into a "DrainBox". It appears these drain boxes were not installed properly, I.e. they were installed higher than the base of the downspout causing water to stay backed up inside the pipe. So, there is an area at the base of my deck where two of these Drainboxes were installed that stays saturated. However, my entire yards seems to get way too soggy after a hard rain. Could these backed up pipes be causing an issue in my entire yard?

tomf
Super Green Thumb

Yes if they have drain holes in them, if that is the case they will have a cloth covering or such. It als maybe that the water that does not drain backs up, I would need to see you yard to know. It may also be the drainage in your yard is not good, do you have clay soil?

beasterling
Newly Registered

Yes, just beneath the sod is some pretty compacted clay soil. Any suggestions on how to remedy?

tomf
Super Green Thumb

My soil in the vegitable garden area had lots of clay in it so I added a bunch of amendments but as you have lawn you could try this product; I have not tried it so I can't say how well it works.

https://www.humicgreen.com/product/clay ... gJz8fD_BwE

Return to “Landscaping”