tomf
Super Green Thumb

Re: New patio, what deer-proof flowers to plant in pots?

applestar wrote:What FUN to use an old/retired ski lift chair. Very YOU! :D
Yup.

This is our good friend and neighbor Norman, he is 91 and as spry as a guy of 70.

This is a very old chair and was a gift, it would have had wood slat seats on it so I made some, the wood was too nice to paint so I stained and finished it in polyurethane.

tomf
Super Green Thumb

So far the deer have not eaten our flowers in the pots, Yah! Next is to go nextdoor and find some nice big Boxwoods and shrubs for the dirt area above it and around the wall for the green house. I am also looking at puttin ferns under the tree as they are easy to keep up and I have tons of them for free, I like free.

tomf
Super Green Thumb

I dug up the area above the patio with the backhoe yesterday to get it ready to plant. I have decided to put low growing Boxwoods down the bottom and hedge Boxwoods on top. My neighbor showed me where on his land he had a bunch of mature one that I could take. I have some yuccas I need to move so I think they will go under the tree.

How it is so far.

The deer have not eaten the flowers; so far.

tomf
Super Green Thumb

Boxwoods are in, I hope they all live, it looks like even the worst ones may make it. I will go back and dig more in the fall if not. Put in some Iris today. have some more planting to do, I think ferns in this area. When the boxwoods are established next year I will shape them.

Return to “Landscaping”