Would love your advice. Here are a summary of the particulars:
1. Signed a contract with a newly formed team for a $20K landscape job. For simplicity sake I'll refer to each individual as T1 & T2.
2. Payment milestones are 1/3rd to start. 1/3rd half way and 1/3 at project completion.
3. Newly formed team fell apart after payment at 2/3rds payment mark. T1 has skipped town and we believe with most of the project money. T2 has stayed on and is trying to make it right, but is increasingly pressuring us for more money. We did release $2K for supplies & salaries.
4. It's become very apart that T2 is great at excavation, but terrible at actual landscaping. Which was T1 proficiency.
5. The hard part of excavation is done. The retaining wall in my limited understanding is not being added with 3/4" angular rock all the way up the 3' high keystone wall. I would estimate the wall is 70% complete. T1 is also spent way to long on sprinkler system.
6. Remaining work to be done. 10' semi circle seating bench. Drainage system from front to back. Planting of approx. 30 plants. Drip system. Lighting along retaining wall and hillside. Small water feature to be installed(customer to buy feature) and connected to water system. Sod 20' by 30' area.
Should I just try and get the most out of him and then fire him when he asks for more money when he can't complete the job. Knowing that the work is becoming more and more shoddy or should I cut bait now and hire someone else to do it right.
Thanks in advance