blackfalcon801
Newly Registered

Help with my Front Yard!

Hello, I'm looking for help with my front yard! Currently, as you see in the pictures, the left side of my house has hollies and the right is bare. My goal is to cover the lattice(hate it) and have a nice tiered hedge there. Currently I just have pine straw with random knockout rose bushes and abelia's sprinkled throughout. Because I want the lattice covered quickly, I am willing to purchase bigger more mature plants to have a more instant effect. I thought about doing a mixture of american boxwood and loropetalum but I'm not sure if that's the best path. Also, I also thought about using black or brown mulch instead of the pine straw and looking for a good plant(s) to line the walkway to the house. I would love to get the groups advice, thx!!
Attachments
2016-03-05 10.46.14.jpg
2016-03-05 10.45.48.jpg
2016-03-05 10.45.16.jpg

blackfalcon801
Newly Registered

Sorry, I live in Atlanta and the house faces West. Thx!

blackfalcon801
Newly Registered

The boxwood's are nice but sooooo expensive for large ones. Ideally I would like more of a formal hedge that can be shaped nice. I'm looking for a now fix if possible to cover the lattice. Thx!!!!

DTPAREDES
Newly Registered

I would go with Viburnum Odo in the back to cover the lattice. It grows quickly and you can get 3 or 7 gallons for a good price. I know you mentioned that you want a tiered look and shaped shrubs, but if you want to cover the lattice and get extra texture you can add some grassy plants like Fackahatchee, Cordgrass or Muhly grass. Inbox me if you want to see any of these renditions using your pics.

Return to “Landscaping”