haley84
Newly Registered

Starting over with front yard landscaping

Hi!

My husband and I bought a house a year ago and decided to redo the landscaping in the our front yard. Originally, we had a few bushes and jasmine growing in the front of our front porch. We removed all of that and pulled the roots up, then we laid down a cover and put mulch on top. We then outlined the area with some bricks we had laying around. We would like to replace the bricks with small rocks or something else. We would like to put some kind of flower in the front so its not just mulch. I am not a gardener so I would like something low maintenance. We were thinking about putting flowers pots on top of the mulch. Another idea that we have is to put a big flower pot on both sides of the porch doorway, and then leave the rest of the area plain.

Any suggestions on what we could put in the front yard would be greatly appreciated! I would like to have all season flower(s) in the front.

Thanks!

rainbowgardener
Super Green Thumb

Hi and welcome to the Forum!

To start with, if you scroll down below your post, at the bottom of the page you will find a heading "Similar Topics." That gives you a listing (which is also links to the actual threads) of some other people's questions about front yard landscaping. If you go look at those threads (conversations), you will find the answers they got, which could be very helpful to you as well.

For us to give you any answers specific to your situation, we would need several things: a couple pictures of the area, closer up on the foundation planting area and over view of the yard.

You need to tell us where you are located. There are hardly any garden questions that can be discussed without regard to location/ climate. And you need to tell us which way your house faces and what kind of sun exposure your planting area gets--morning sun, all day, afternoon sun, etc. And you need to give us at least a rough idea of how big an area you are talking about. It can be hard to get size scale from the pictures.

If you are willing to answer these questions, I think we can give you some good suggestions. Best Wishes! Congratulations on getting rid of the old bushes! We just bought a house in August and intend as soon as we can to get rid of the straight row of old shrubbery in front of our front porch. Not a good look. :)

imafan26
Mod

Pitures help too.

haley84
Newly Registered

Great! I will get some pictures uploaded and get more info for you. Thanks!

Return to “Landscaping”