becky_us
Newly Registered

Need advice on new house, odd culdesac corner lot

Hi,
I'm currently building a house on an odd shaped lot. I am looking for something creative to do on the other side of the sidewalk but facing the culdesac.. Like maybe a 'corner' garden with a bench so people could sit and face the culdesac and watch the kids or the kids can sit and take a rest in between playing. There are children that are constantly playing outside in this culdesac including mine. Any ideas on shape or design or what to put there?? The area I'm talking about is at the north of the property, like the little tip on the culdesac.. there will be sidewalk there but then on the other side.
Thanks! Becky
Attachments
IMG_1068.jpg

imafan26
Mod

It is a nice sized lot but I would probably not put much on that corner. Mainly because the kids will be playing there and you wouldn't want anything there they can run into. Also because although it curves it does limit the sight line if you were to put up a wall or hedge there and that could be dangerous when kids like to play in the street. Where are you putting the driveway?

Some people prefer cul de sacs because you don't get a lot of traffic like on a through street.
It is usually a good way to get to know the neighbors to plan a block party.

Parking can be a hassle on a cul de sac if you have a lot of cars or have guests because parking in cul de sacs are limited.

Although it is illegal here people still like to put up a basketball hoop in the cul de sac.

rainbowgardener
Super Green Thumb

I'm sorry, but I'm having a hard time putting together exactly what you are talking about. So your lot is the large one with the 90 degree corner in back and the arc of the street in front, with the white rectangles marked in the middle (presumably the house)? Can you mark on the picture/ map the area you are talking about? North is at the top of the map?

Where are you located (climate, growing zone, etc) and what kind of sun exposure does your area get (full sun, part sun, every little sun...

rainbowgardener
Super Green Thumb

Posting a couple actual pictures of the area you are talking about, in different views, would help too...

Return to “Landscaping”