rs6mra
Newly Registered

Levelling an existing lawn

Good Evening All,

My existing lawn is 12m x 12m and is sloping. It has got to the point now where I am desperate to have it level. The difference between the top and the bottom is about 0.6m (24") and I would like to know what is the best way to go about having it all at the same level.
Several thoughts have come to mind and I am unsure as to what the best way is to go about it.
Any advice as to how to go about this would be greatly appreciated.

imafan26
Mod

People always want to level their yard. you can fill the lower end but be careful you actually want a slight slope away from the foundation of your house because you don't want water puddling up there and you want to maintain a swale so that water from the back of the yard and any downspouts exit the yard so the yard does not become a swimming pool when it rains.

tomf
Super Green Thumb

What Inafam26 said and you could build a wall at the bottom, make sure it will drain water.

rs6mra
Newly Registered

Thanks.
Would you recommend the existing grass is removed or can I just fill the bottom and then add top soil and lay new turf? I do spend a lot of time looking after my lawn so whatever is best is what I'd like to go with.

tomf
Super Green Thumb

You could just add on top. Look into wall blaocks.

Return to “Landscaping”