KAnn
Newly Registered

Hello, is that gravel I see below those plants and weeds?

Hope this is the right forum.... Clueless newbie looking for advice....I'm in Notts, UK. I just spent three days clearing the extensive front garden of our rented home and uncovered what was once a very well thought out and loved garden. However, the previous owner gravelled a large portion each side of the path straight on top of soil. We now have grass, weeds and (I think) bluebells about to sprout.... Lots of it!!! What can I do? Any weed killer would need to be pet friendly - salt, vinegar and boiling water seem to be the suggestion online but think that's aimed at small pathway problems and this is a big area. Also, once the weeds have been attacked, what's the best way of clearing the debris and making the gravel look nice again? This is a rented house so I wouldn't want to invest too much money in a solution but I would like to tidy things up and enjoy the space we have. Landlord has helped with big jobs such as removing ivy and topping trees but general upkeep is down to us. Very time and cash poor with zero gardening know-how....... Help!!! :-) pics included.....
Attachments
image.jpg

tomf
Super Green Thumb

Yes it is it looks as if someone used them to cover that area.

puzzlejunky
Cool Member

I can't see the gravel. I'd have a go at it with a shovel. I hand-pull
all my weeds but you said you were short on time.

tomf
Super Green Thumb

Looking at the poto once more it is hard to tell if it is gravel or bark chips, mulch or such. You should know as you asked I figured you have rocks there.

Return to “Landscaping”