tomf
Super Green Thumb

Stumped

I am digging out stumps and getting ready to landscape some areas, some of the stumps are big. Thanks to the backhoe I can get many of them out, think what it would be like by hand.

Shirley Pinchev

Ever hear of a Stumpery? Popular in England, pile up the stumps and plant ferns, and all kinds of plants. Can add real interest to your garden. Google and you will find tons of interesting ideas. Don't burn em, plant em! lol

applestar
Mod

That looks like a lot of work, Tomf. My thought when I saw the photos was -- "... he's having WAY too much fun" :lol:

...Stumpery sounds like a neat idea! May need the right kind of climate though Pacific Northwest probably has it.

rainbowgardener
Super Green Thumb

The wife of "Mr. Honeysuckle" who used to make the honeysuckle poppers (his website now says he is going out of business :( ) used to take the pulled honeysuckle stumps and roots, turn them upside down so the roots become hair of some wild garden creature and paint them. I couldn't find any pictures, but I was thinking you could do something like that. :)

tomf
Super Green Thumb

Stumpery is one of the things I have been doing with them, I put dirt and rakings over the stumps and plant ferns on them. One of the photos here where the stumps are pliing up will have tha done to it.

Return to “Landscaping”