valley
Greener Thumb
Location: ranches in sierra nevada mountains California & Navada high desert

Re: Landscaping Help for Wedding

Your Grace, Shouldn't your last post start out: "Mary, Mary quite contrary" ?

Richard

ElizabethB
Super Green Thumb

Richard :>

With cockle shells and coral bells

Hexan
Newly Registered

I was talking about this project to a friend of mine at work. His wife does a lot of gardening and allowed me to go over there and split a lot of her plants. So I got my hands on quite the variety. It has all been in the ground for a few weeks, and is coming along very nicely. I'm going to link some pictures, but not sure how well you'll be able to see them. Fall leaves everywhere! However I took sticks and spray painted the tops of them orange to mark where plants are.

applestar
Mod

How exciting! :D

Until they are dormant, you may want to use a leaf blower or something to keep the leaves off the plants. After that, more mulch the better, but you may need to help them out in spring by uncovering if the leaves have piled and matted excessively.

No matter how well you think you have them marked, take lots of pictures, piece them together and make yourself a map, and indicate what the plants are. Leaf and snow drifts could cover them up, or the sticks could heave out of the ground in the winter, etc. The plants will wake up and sprout on separate schedule depending on what they are.

valley
Greener Thumb
Location: ranches in sierra nevada mountains California & Navada high desert

Looks like mulch city.

Richard

Return to “Landscaping”