ElizabethB
Super Green Thumb

New front beds

I have been wanting to re-do the front beds. They were put in 15 years ago. At the time I still had my landscaping business and help for maintenance. No longer the case. For the last 3 years I have dropped hints to G about re-doing the beds with lower maintenance plants. No deal.. This was a conversation we had last night.

G - What do you think of re-doing the front beds?
Me :shock: I don't know. Lower maintenance beds would help me out but it will be expensive.
G - Hiring someone to maintain the beds is expensive.
Me - :wink: You are right about that. Low maintenance beds would definitely make it easier for me to keep up.
G - Why don't you draw up plans and get some estimates?
Me - What a GREAT :idea: !

I have had plans for 3 years. Got on the phone this morning to a landscaper friend to get estimates on installation. Started calling around for prices on material. Amazing what a difference it makes when it is his idea. :-()

Cryren8972
Newly Registered

I'd love to see pictures!

pinksand
Greener Thumb

Ha! Aren't you clever ;)

I'd love to see the before and after as well! Very exciting!

LA47
Green Thumb

Yea, I agree with Pinksand, before and after pictures please.

ElizabethB
Super Green Thumb

IDK what has gotten into G. I walked him around the front with my drawings and explained what I wanted to do. He was VERY receptive. Then he looked up and noticed the poor condition of the fascia boards and soffits on the house.

G - The house sure needs to be pressure washed and painted
Me - If you start up the pressure washer I can do that. We will need to hire someone to paint.
G - HMM - it will need to be repainted in a few years. Maybe we should just put in vinyl siding on the fascia and soffits.
Me - Brilliant idea. We do need to have that done before re-doing the landscaping.
G - you are right
Me - :shock: (wanted to ask him how THAT tasted in him mouth but controlled myself)

Landscaping on hold. New project is to get estimates for the siding.

Now if he would only come up with the idea that his office needs to be cleaned out and organize. That is probably asking too much - at least for now.

Please don't get the wrong idea. G is a very generous, loving man. I am the slow leaner. It took me way too many years to realize that it has to be his idea. DUHH!

It is going to be a busy spring/summer. I may have to wait until fall for the beds but that is OK. I HATE pressure washing but can deal with it. I can not get on a ladder to paint . In our climate even the best prep, priming and paint does not last. WAY too much humidity.

Anyway - Love my man and looking forward to some much needed home improvements.

Return to “Landscaping”