NewSodHouston
Newly Registered

Sod concerns

Long story, I just had sod laid, not by a professional contractor ( not by my choice) and I feel like the job was pretty sloppy.

I'm attaching pictures- there are plenty of yellow spots just days after laying, gaps between peices, and a section on the side thats half done and looks to have been just set on top of existing soil.

My question is, does it look like this wil turn out, like, gaps fill in etc, what of the half-done section on the side?

Pics: https://imgur.com/a/B7F1g

ElizabethB
Super Green Thumb

Is that St Augustine? Watering will help with the yellowing. Once the lawn is established you can fill the gaps and missed spots with a very coarse mason sand. That will help even out the surface. It may take multiple applications to get it all even. Don't use play sand or fill sand. It is too fine and will turn to clay - nasty stuff. Where the sod just stops the difference between the level of the sod and existing lawn really can't be corrected without filling in with sod.

Good luck

therock0503

I think you'll be alright. You most likely got the sod before it was completely green. Keep in mind that its a little early in the season and it might also be a little shocked.

Just make sure you get it in good contact with the ground, give it some water, but not too much.

It looks sloppy now, but those bare areas will fill in before you know it.

------------------------------------------------------------------
Note from webmaster:
Removed self-promotional link. Please read our posting guidelines.

Return to “Landscaping”