Creator
Newly Registered

Landscaping block molds

I'm a contractor that uses ready mix cement on a regular basis and always have some leftover. I would like to pour interlocking landscaping blocks (under a 100 lbs each) out of my leftovers. Who makes forms for that?

rainbowgardener
Super Green Thumb

Seems like kind of an odd question to ask here. Pretty specialized info for the average home gardener and you can google it just as well as I can. Googling "concrete landscaping block molds" turns up a bunch of info including this place:

https://www.moldcreations.com/Retaining-wall-block-concrete-molds-s/14.htm

Creator
Newly Registered

Thank you for your reply, I did check out that web site and those forms are to small, I would have to have dozens of them, I will keep looking. Thanks, again.

tomf
Super Green Thumb

Under 100lbs that is a big block. For walls?

Dillbert
Greener Thumb

>>big block

yeah. the math is not working.

Creator
Newly Registered

Thanks, I think I found what I'm looking for!!! I found a new product called formablok, they look like they will work perfect for my leftovers and pump cleanouts, although I will still need half a dozen or so. I will check them out when I'm on the Island next week.

Dillbert
Greener Thumb

the full block size is 16 x 8 x 8 - ignoring the rounded corners, that's about 0.5 cubic feet per full block.

not sure what kind of pump & hoses & ready mix equipment you're dealing with, but you'll likely need a lot more than half-a-dozen to utilize the clean out.

rainbowgardener
Super Green Thumb

Are the molds re-usable or do you have to cut them off the block once it has hardened?

Creator
Newly Registered

Yes, Dillbert is right I will need about a dozen of them, but with the amount of concrete I pour regularly it won't take long to be well on the way to the 500+ blocks I need. I called Formablok and they said the forms are good for 100's of pours. They make a pouring station that takes 6 whole forms and 1 half form, but it looks like a pain to pack to the site in my pick up as it is 10' long so I will stick with individules.

Return to “Landscaping”