OrangeBlossom
Newly Registered

Border shrub advice please

I'm looking for an evergreen shrub, scented if possible, that has a maximum height of six feet and does well at an eastern coastal location in the UK.
Low maintenance would be an advantage. Any suggestions much appreciated.

rainbowgardener
Super Green Thumb

I think you didn't get a response because not enough information.

I'm not even sure I know what you mean by a "scented" evergreen shrub. You mean one with fragrant flowers? There are some broadleaf evergreens with fragrant flowers.

Most of us here are in the US (there have been many posts over the years by people from UK, but most of them don't seem to hang around and answer other people's questions, except our resident fruit tree/orchard expert). So it would help to tell us a little bit more about what the climate in UK eastern coast is like, especially how cold does it get in winter.

And what is the sun exposure in the area where you want your border shrubs? Full sun? Part sun? etc.

OrangeBlossom
Newly Registered

Thanks for your reply. In answer to your questions: Yes I do mean fragrant flowers. The temperates range between 21degC in summer, to 2degC in winter, although we do get the occasional frosts, more often air than ground. The location is in full sun most of the day as it is a south facing garden. The border is at the top of a slope, soil pH not known at this time. Any further suggestion gladly received

Return to “Landscaping”