LemonGrass
Newly Registered

What should I plant at this empty space?

My very first post!
Hi all,

I want to plant something nice at this empty spot (6'x6') on the south west side of the house. It gets about 6-8 hours of morning & afternoon sun. The soil is slightly sandy (can be amended if need to). I love color and would like some idea on the suitable plants/flowers for the place. Also I'm thinking of removing the hedge, and plant something there also. Any suggestion for the replacement ?

Any idea will be greatly appreciated. :)

M

https://s174.photobucket.com/albums/w120/oceanofmoons/Garden/

garden girl
Cool Member

Looks like you have a window on the side also. Some windowboxes would look lovely on your house, although under every window would be better!
This looks to me like the front? I have a wonderful book called front Yard Gardens, published by Firefly. Definately worth a look, see if your library has it or sit down and flip through at a bookstore! Love to see pictures when you're done! Maybe you could shape your hedge to create a new look, it does provide a lot of structure under that window.

LemonGrass
Newly Registered

Hi there,

Thank you for replying. I will definitely check out the book you recommended. My husband wants to keep the hedge. He said it looks good. I, however, want more color other than "green" in our front yard. I'm a beginner at gardening, but full of enthusiam! :) We have many other spots throughout the house that needs lanscape improvement. I'm tackling 1, or 2 of them at the time.

M

Return to “Landscaping”