NeedExperience

What mulch do I use?

I have a new garden, and still need to mulch. I have heard some things about mulch that I do not like. javascript:emoticon(':shock:') I have heard that aspectis has been added to mulch to ward off bugs ( Kill any bugs that try to invade ). I would like to now if this is true, or if there is anything I should keep in mind when buying mulch?javascript:emoticon(':?') I have been considering red ceder mulch, or cypress mulch. Are these wise choices? Thanks

rainbowgardener
Super Green Thumb

Because you mentioned it, I went and looked it up. I think what you are thinking about is that there is one place in Montana that is currently in the news because trace amounts of asbestos were found in a wood chip pile.

They do not know how it got there, but it is some kind of contamination. It is NOT something that is typically added to wood chips or anything else, being illegal to use and closely monitored.

Don't go around scaring people about rumors.... there's way too much "be afraid . . . be afraid" out there. No reason to be afraid of your wood chips.

NeedExperience

No worries I wont go scarring people. javascript:emoticon(':?')Somebody had said this, and I just thought it wise to ask before I believed it! Thank you so much for your feedback. I am very happy now!javascript:emoticon(':D')

JackMatt18

Both cedar and cypress mulch are good choices. They both have natural insect controlling components. Look for organic mulch with no dyes used for coloring.

Return to “Landscaping”