pixie
Newly Registered

Constructing a Waterfall

Hi ,
I'm wanting to contruct a waterfall type water feature .I don't want a huge waterfall nor a pond as I have small children I have got some huge rocks on the ready any advice on how to achive this.
Ive "googled " but many seem to be really big projects with huge waterfalls going into a pond.
I want more of a small waterfall going into a pebble pool I'm not sure of where to start nor what equipment I need any advice appreciated.

opabinia51
Super Green Thumb

Any water garden officianadoes out there? Any advice is welcome.

slakker

I've seen some cool "pondless" waterfalls in the garden centres. Many different manufacturer...

Basically construct the waterfall to what ever the desired look and instead of a pond, they make a subterranean catch basin where the pump sits to cycle water through. As there's no "life" (fish or water plants), you can chemically treat the water to prevent algae, etc..

I'm planning a Koi pond myself, so am really interested in ponds of all sorts.

pixie
Newly Registered

how do I construct the waterfall bit though ?
I know I will put a bit of pondliner at a depth at the bottom but fil with pevbbles but how do I exactly do it all.
There are projects at garden centres but they are really expensive

cheeers

Janet W

Here are some links to check out on waterfall construction. Janet

www.aquaart.com/waterfall.html
www.backyards-waterfall.com/

clearwaterlandscapes.com/pondebook.htm

slakker

One of the trickiest part I understand is the sizing of the pump to get enough flow to get a nice waterfall... There's a local store here that let's you "try out" the pumps before buying. That would be something to look into so you don't get stuck with too big/small a volume pump.

Return to “Landscaping”