CapellaM44
Newly Registered

Landscaping Ideas

Hi all. I'm new here and looking for some ideas. I have house that sits on rather a large plot of land (4 city lots) We have to sell the place but it needs a bit more "curb appeal" Right now, the yard has been over run with low lying weeds and is brown. The yard has been "let go" for the past few years due to the health of my grandfather. Although we keep the weeds cut short, it could use some sprucing up. We've already put quite a bit of money into the house itself, and don't have anything left over for the yard. I need some suggestions to at least green the place up with minimal costs.

We don't need to do the entire yard, just the front.

tomf
Super Green Thumb

Post a photo of the front you want to work. I would not spend to much but clean things and put in what needs to be to make it look nice.

rainbowgardener
Super Green Thumb

You want to do this now, will be selling the house soon, or can some of it wait until spring?

Since it sounds like even with just the front yard, you are talking about a fairly big space, the cheapest thing to do would be just to de-weed it and then put down new grass seed. Then you could put a few little shrubs/ flowers for a foundation planting and it would be fresh and neat.

But I'm not thinking fall in Colorado would be a good time to plant the grass seed. Spring would be better.

CapellaM44
Newly Registered

I'll have to get a pic this weekend when we go over to work on things. Our agent suggested just pulling the weeds and make it all dirt. So we'll start there. I really don't want to plant anything because the house is empty and that requires daily trips to go water, and I don't drive.

Because it's empty waiting till spring to plant would be ok, providing it hasn't sold by then, but no we can't wait to sell it. We've put in quite a bit into the inside and need the money back.

Thanks though

Return to “Landscaping”