bobi93
Newly Registered

how to fix rock around srubs that has weeds in it

I have two srubs in front yard that have pebled reock all around it and the grass and weeds have come through I want to fix this, I do not want the rock anymore what can I do how do I fix it

opabinia51
Super Green Thumb

I don't know what you mean by a scrub but, if you no longer want rock in a given area, the best thing to do is remove the rock. A labour intensive prospect but, worth it in the long run.

bobi93
Newly Registered

The srubs are more like big trees evergreens. If I decided to keep the stone would I still have to pull it all up to get rid of the weeds and grass coming throught. Or could I just add more rock to the rock their and put some sort of thing to kill the under growth.
as it looks now it is very unattractive as a front yard look.

opabinia51
Super Green Thumb

Well, your best bet is to remove the undergrowth then, lay down some black and white newspaper over top of the area and if you want to keep the rock, lay some rock over the top of the newspaper.

Another option is to remove the undergrowth and lay down plastic. Though, be careful that the plastic is not a poly vinyl choloride (PVC) based plastic as they have platicizers in them that will leak into the environment.

Return to “Landscaping”