RSB
Newly Registered

LAWN EDGING

Hello,
I am a neebie with a question about what is the best lawn edging material to use , and method of installatiion, so I will never have to redo or reinstall a second time. Some type of material that will withstand time and natural weather conditions so I don't have to worry about the edging uplifting due to frost :( . I live in ohio.
I will be doing this landscaping in the spring of 2010.
Would metat be my best choice?
Thankyou in advance .
RSB :)

bullthistle
Greener Thumb

I was going to say metal but in time it rusts but 4" high pounded down 3" will keep your lines good for 15-20 years. I used steel in CO and liked it because it was flexible. I believe 12 gauge and it came with 6" steel pins. The green landscaper type I don't like because it is too expensive and doesn't stay green for long and it's a bear to connect although people selling it say it's great but they aren't landscapers.

bullthistle
Greener Thumb

I take that back. It's 14 gauge, scrap galvinized roll top steel in 10' sections.

RSB
Newly Registered

Bullthistlle,
Thankyou for your reply and your time. I am really leaning toward metal.The local botanical gardens use it themselfs. I like the look of if as well. I would like it to stick out of the ground about two inches.
Thanks again,
RSB :D

Return to “Landscaping”