Eldere
Newly Registered

Sidewalk Tree Species

Hullo, all!

I'm writing what might develop into a novel if all goes well, in which a certain tree should play an important role, but I'm quite helpless in botany and related areas, and after a few hours of friutless searching decided I need advice. The requirements for this particular tree is that it's a sidewalk tree growing in a cold, wet urban environment, probably London, and the wider its trunk, the better. I'm also planning to have a message carved into the trunk at some point, perhaps with stone or broken glass, if such is at all possible. Any suitable tree species you might suggest would be very greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

The Helpful Gardener
Mod

Might I suggest...

[url]https://www.richmond.gov.uk/home/leisure_and_culture/parks_and_open_spaces/trees/tree_of_the_moment.htm[/url]

Fits all your criteria and has the city name in the common tongue (can just call it a plane tree and I suspect most folks in London do...)

HG

Eldere
Newly Registered

*bows down to the mighty and all-knowing Gardener*

Thank you, I am now forever in your debt. It is a very beautiful tree, and it does seem perfect. I recall browsing through and seeing the name, but the size of it frightened me off - I thought it would belong in a park, and am now very relieved to see that it'll fit in.

The Helpful Gardener
Mod

:oops:

Why shucks... :D

HG

Return to “Landscaping”