Davyd

Pond Repair

Anyone have any recommendations on how to repair a little plastic pond? I got one for free the other day and it wasn't until we lifted it out of the ground that we noticed it had a couple of cracks/holes in it.

So is there any way to repair those holes? Silicone? PVC glue? Fiberglass? I don't really foresee putting fish in it, but maybe make it available for lily gardening later so I want to avoid using something that could harm the plants (or maybe even the fish later). It's not going to be filtered (for now), but later on I may use a filter (I forgot to bring the filter back).

The Helpful Gardener
Mod

Is this a liner or a solid type?

HG

Davyd

Solid, tub style. Bi-level with a trench(?) option (I really don't know what that's for).

The Helpful Gardener
Mod

The trench is for a waterfall...

Scuff up the areas around the holes with a mid grit sandpaper and use black silicone gel. Press that in while it's still wet and reapply over it. Should do it...

HG

Davyd

'Preciate that. I knew there had to be an easy way. Am getting to it today - the only kind of work I don't mind doing on my birthday! :wink:

The Helpful Gardener
Mod

Happy day and good luck with that leak. Don't be afraid to apply again the next day; can't hurt...

Scott

Return to “Landscaping”