velvetmoonlight

Display house numbers for emergency/ decorative?

I want to make sure that emergency people (emt, fire, etc) can easily find my house so I want to display our house number in a creative way that can be easily read. It will probably be placed in the corner flower bed or near it. Other people complain they cant find our house unless I tell them its on the corner. In an emergency I might not be able to mention that!

I know I can do a rock with our house number or a small picket fence with a plaque. Any other ideas? I tried doing a search on google and didnt have much luck. Thanks.

Delilah
Cool Member

I saw a cute house sign recently. I wish I could draw it for you...will try to describe.

Imagine a wooden post about 7' tall...then an 18" horizontal beam jutting out from the top of it, pointing toward the road (I.e. perpendicular to the road). Add a couple of hooks and rings, and hang a little wooden plackard on it. It's like an old fashioned business shingle.

You could have a nice design done, with the number really prominent. Here's some inspiration: https://www.danthonia.com.au/designer/builder.html?load=gallery/bottomstepcurve_cove

Kisal
Mod Emeritus

Where I live, the city paints the numbers on the curb. You can have any kind of decorative number sign you like on your house/property, but it also must be displayed on the curb in the standard stenciled design required by the city code. That's where the EMTs, firefighters and police officers look for it.

The Helpful Gardener
Mod

Good tip Kisal; if you used reflective paint it would really stand out. This is one place where function trumps form in my book...

HG

velvetmoonlight

Delilah-The sign idea could be nice, the shape of it could make it more unique and whatever artwork I put on it. Of course I'd have a hard time deciding what to put for the artwork that wouldn't take forever. Maybe a silhouette of something?

To everyone-Thanks for the suggestions. We actually don't have curbs in the neighborhood at all! I guess I can put something up with our numbers and place it in the design or by the design. I just want just do something creative for our corner b/c everyone sees it. Any ideas would be good, if I/we can't come up with something I guess I'll just make it look pretty instead of unique. Let me know if anyone thinks of anything else. Thanks.

velvetmoonlight

This is the best idea I could come with so far. Still trying to think of something better. Making a custom sign as Delilah suggest could work to. Solar light is a good idea so people can see at night.

[img]https://picasaweb.google.com/myvelvetmoonlight/Garden#5358411086146951602[/img]

The Helpful Gardener
Mod

[url=https://www.thecopperrose.net/names_and_numbers.htm]These[/url]are kind of nice and real, genuine, one of a kind art where you deal with the person that made it. Sounds like my kind of solution... :D

HG

Return to “Landscaping”