Anonymous

Ivy my new favorite weed!!!

ok so here's the deal(again) I live in the city.one house on the left(nice people) and one APARTMENT on the right(7 or 8 people)any ways I hadve ivy growing all in my back yard I as said before.so I dug up all the ivy "cept around the edge and wrapped around the trees and intertwined it to make....... a green fence!!!!it is awesome.it looks good too!

Anonymous

neighbors can't see me I can't see them it is great;)

opabinia51
Super Green Thumb

Ivy looks really nice but, it is very invasive. I would advise you to check if is on your states or pronvinces invasive list.

It most likely is.

Grey
Greener Thumb

You may want to see if something like Confederate Jasmine would grow in your area. It has nice little white blooms and grows pretty darn fast, we had a green fence in Florida in about 6 months once that stuff took root.

The Helpful Gardener
Mod

And now that it's climbing the trees it's likely to get beyond reach and eventually kill the tree; that's wht the plant does in the wild...

Really TD, there are cities like Seattle that have started eradication campaigns, and whatever your state or city ordinances say, this is a Federally listed invasive, so it should not be used ANYWHERE in the U.S.

You could do the same job with Virginia creeper, Dutchman's pipe or any of a dozen other vines that are actually beneficial to the environment, instead of destructive...

HG

Anonymous

hey hows about you guys cough up some money! :lol: :lol: :lol: I am only seventeen, and it was here when I got here.I ain't gonna rip it alll out.it isn't my house!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

The Helpful Gardener
Mod

Understood TD. Think about that Virginia creeper; find some, start some cuttings and start replacement. It's an easy rooter, and not a tough project (other than getting rid of that :evil: weed)...

HG

Grey
Greener Thumb

t_d_guy wrote:hey hows about you guys cough up some money! :lol: :lol: :lol: I am only seventeen, and it was here when I got here.I ain't gonna rip it alll out.it isn't my house!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Take some cuttings from one of the other suggested plants. Vines usually root pretty easily and once established, grow pretty quick!

Anonymous

if I did I wouldl still have all this ivy around, and I don't think I would want to plant any other kind(it would probably get killed by my ivy plants).I have a feeling it ain't going no where any time soon!!! :lol: :lol: I am not trying to put to much effort into a rental house.plus it is snowing now and I am not gonna be in the garden any time soon. :lol:

Anonymous

that wasn't funny!!(I just like doing that)
;)

Grey
Greener Thumb

t_d_guy wrote:that wasn't funny!!(I just like doing that)
;)
I'm not laughing. Please cease and desist your excessive use of smileys (which I deleted) or you may find yourself ousted from the forum for a while.

This is a constructive forum. We are here to help fellow gardeners learn and learn a little bit ourselves. If you want to goof off, I'll PM you the name of a very good forum that has a lot of people your age on it, and folks are not as stiff as we are. I belong to it, and so does my younger brother. No topic is sacred on there.

Return to “Landscaping”