AnneJ
Newly Registered

Have any questions?

Hi all,

I was wondering if any of you fellow gardeners out there could help me. I am currently in the process of writing a book all about organic gardening. I am looking to aim the book at beginners to intermediate gardeners.

If you have a question that you would like answered about anything related to organic gardening please don't hesitate to reply to this thread. I will then try to answer the question as best as I can in the book and will send you a free copy of the book when it is completed. Thanks for your time.

Anne

pete28

Anne this is a great topic to write a book on. My question would be this and I have asked it to all kinds of gardeners both commercial and residential. How do you fetilize and keep bugs away organically?

Thank you.

cynthia_h
Super Green Thumb

Anne, welcome to Helpful Gardener!

Pete28, in my kitchen right now, checked out from my local branch of the public library, is (take a deep breath) The Organic Gardener's Handbook of Natural Insect and Disease Control: A Complete Problem-Solving Guide to Keeping Your Garden & Yard Healthy without Chemicals (Rodale Garden Books, 1992, ed. by Barbara W. Ellis and Fern Marshall Bradley, 534 pp.).

Many photographs and botanical illustrations of plants and insects, plants suffering insect/disease damage, excellent index (35 pages of index alone).

I just may have to look for a "deal" on this one on the used market.

Pete28, maybe your library has or can borrow a copy for you? This book is both incredible and incredibly well organized.

Anne, maybe browsing the threads here at Helpful Gardener would give you insight into the common questions/problems/situations people deal with when pursuing organic gardening methods.

I would also (if it were me in your enviable position) check with the Webmaster to make sure he's amenable to his site being "mined" for this kind of information.

I'm sure everything you're doing is on the up and up, but as a technical editor, "fair use" issues are never very far from my mind.

Cynthia H.
USDA Zone 9, Sunset Zone 17

Ocean
Newly Registered

Hi Anne, I am starting to gather information about layout for a garden. I find a wide range of info but not a defined "plan" for a sensible layout based on species to plant. If you can cover that subject you would be ahead of the rest. BTW any input for organic vegetables? Plant height, best pairing locations, water migration from wet to dry needs, wind block, north south, east west orientation, how large-by plant species to allow full growth. Well how about all that?

Return to “Organic Gardening Forum”