BartJY

Costcos Organic Potting Mix

HI Folks,

Went to Costco the other day and saw their version of the "Miracle-Gro Organic Potting Mix." They're selling it at a great price. Has anyone had any experience with this particular mix? Is it any good?

Thanks
Bart

pinksand
Greener Thumb

I've used their potting mix for the past couple of years and have been really happy with it!

BartJY

Thanks

Lindsaylew82
Super Green Thumb

Same! Love it!

Taiji
Greener Thumb
Location: Gardening in western U.P. of MI. 46+ N. lat. elev 1540. zone 3; state bird: mosquito

I have bought that and had good luck with it. If it is the one that says "moisture control" on the bag, some on the forum have said they don't like it because it's hard to control the moisture. (stays wet too long)?

I use it for 2 things, for uppotting seedlings, (in which case I add some perlite to keep it a little looser); secondly to cover seeds with when planting them out in the garden. (lets the seedlings break thru easier especially here in this arid climate)

Maybe if a person uses it to plant things in large pots in a permanent situation there might be some problems, don't know. But I like the stuff for my purposes. :)

BartJY

It's the bag that has "moisture control" on it. I'm going to use it in two rather large containers to grow water melon and cantaloupe. And as you have intimated, I don't know if this is a good idea or not. We shall see....

AnnaIkona
Greener Thumb

I always buy it! $10 for a bag that huge is amazing! My plants like it and I use it for all kinds of plants- indoor, outdoor, seedstarting, etc.

imafan26
Mod

Moisture control is more a problem if it is used in the rainy season or if you water a lot.

Return to “Organic Gardening Forum”