newgardener2016

Garden update

Updated pics of my garden that I planted on March 29th all as transplants from home depot garden department.
Tomato plant is going crazy and the main stock is HUGE and THICK just not flowering yet. (Planted March 29th)
Cucumbers not really growing up quickly yet but huge leaves and one with yellow flower. (Planted around may 4th or so)
Jallepeno plant, 1 was planted March 29th but others were put in about week and a half/2weeks after.
Summertime weather not quite here yet but it's around corner, would say about a month or so. Just hoping cucumber starts growing upwards so it can start trellising before any cucumbers begin to come in.
Been giving fish emulsion 5-1-1 about twice a week and will give it slow release food 4-6-6 every couple month's which I did already about a week or so ago.
So we'll see how things go considering my first time doing this. Any comments and suggestions always welcome.
Attachments
Cucumber* anyone know what that whiteness at base is?  I just spotted it when I was inspecting garden.
Cucumber* anyone know what that whiteness at base is? I just spotted it when I was inspecting garden.
Cucumber showing first flower
Cucumber showing first flower
Garden
Garden
Tomato plant
Tomato plant

AnnaIkona
Greener Thumb

Wow! Looks like you are doing good! :) Your tomatoes and cukes look healthy and are thriving! Good job that you are using fish emulsion- tomatoes love it.

The white stuff on the base of the stem is probably just skin pealing off. If it feels like the thin slimy clear onion skin, it's normal. Unless it is more like fungus, then it could be a disease.

newgardener2016

UPDATE: Tomato plant finally getting yellow flowers.
Attachments
Tomato plant
Tomato plant

PinkPetalPolygon

:-()

Lookin' great!! :flower: :flower: :flower:

Shapshftr
Newly Registered

That white stuff on the cucumber is most likely powdery mildew. It will destroy the plant. Get some neem oil and spray it weekly as the plants grow. Another treatment that is acceptable in organic gardening is potassium bicarbonate, or monopotassium phosphate. They are just minerals and also fertilize.

imafan26
Mod

See if you can rub it off. If the white thing comes off like onion skin it is nothing to worry about. If it feels sticky and after you wipe it off it comes back, it may be a pest like scale. Get a loupe, it is handy to identify pests on plants. 30x loupe is the best. You can go with the 20x, but the 40x is actually harder to focus and use.
https://www.amazon.com/Luckystone-Jewel ... rds=loupes

Return to “Organic Gardening Forum”