A few weeks ago I bought a couple of bags of mushroom compost for the first time. I thought, wow, I'm really getting a good bang for my buck here because the bag was pretty heavy, but inexpensive. Then, I noticed one of the ingredients was gypsum, and having bought gypsum before, knew a small bag of it is really heavy.
I looked online about mushroom compost and found a couple of people don't like to use it because they say, after all the organic matter decomposes, all you are left with is the gypsum. After awhile, you would get a giant buildup of gypsum in the soil. Do you folks think that would be a problem? Should we limit our use of mushroom compost for that reason, or does the gypsum eventually break down too?