TreeSpirit28

What would be best to use for feeding my garden?

I will be feeding my garden for the first time and I want to make sure I will be doing it correctly. I have vegetables and fruits. I would like to stick with all natural products. I don't want to use anything with chemicals etc... My compost will not be ready in time. I was told that about a month or so after transplanting they will need to be fed.

Can I feed all my plants with the same food or do I have to feed them differently due to what type of vegetable or fruit they are?

Which is better a powder form or a liquid form? Is there a difference?

Mr green
Green Thumb

You cant find compost locally where you are? That would be a good way to increase soil fertillity.

And to your other question, powder and mostly pellets are usually slow release (can be less work) and liquid ones are faster to reach the plant. Usually you feed once with the powder / pellets ones and continuesly with the liquid ones.
Be aware that many commercial products atleast here across the pond where I recide has ph levelling effects in them, this may not allways be wanted.
I'm not sure what products you have so other members can namedrop some good products.

TreeSpirit28

I would love to buy compost here in Phoenix to use, but I have no idea where to go or who to call to ask if there is places to buy compost.

Thank you for the advice

Mr green
Green Thumb

I'm no expert on US cities and stuff, butt theres a district or town called something like tempe? I have only heard it and sounds like a nickname almost to me. Anyway a guy on youtube VeganAthlete had an episode that the city of Tempe gives out free compost! Sorry if thats way far away but I believe he said phoenix area. Check him out if not. Or perhaps google it.

TreeSpirit28

Mr.Green

Thank you very much I will look him up. Yes Tempe is a city near Phoenix :)

Mr green
Green Thumb

Who would have known me getting that information could be helpfull hah! I went ahead and found the videos for you if you havnt found them already:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KU1NsWqA34I Longer clip with some interview

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZYWc_wqrOfc Shorter clip.

Gary350
Super Green Thumb

Buy a bag of 15-15-15 fertilizer at Farmers Coop.

Return to “Organic Gardening Forum”